Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2: PT

So we had a PT session today an it was ok . Sorry the Pt session was fine an good as always. I'm having one of those days.... . It was great to see how impressed she was with the development Kayde has progressed since our last visit ( head control/ passing toy's/ rolling over/ and started solids) Feels good to have a lil list of achivments to share. Way to go Kayde!!!


We got into what we need to work on next. An 2 big things are trunk control and kayde sitting frog legged.  It was I who brought up about sitting frog legged as I had read about it on a blog (sorry don't remember who's blog) an I was concered about it because kayde is always frog legged, sitting/ laying/ on belly legs are frog like..an never before  had I ever been told to watch for it. She agreed that she had noticed an was about to talk to me about it an what I can do to help. She showed me a few excersises to do an gave me few pointers of other things i can do . I mentioned about "Hip Helpers" which I read about on BabyCenter DS community posts, She had never heard of them. Check them out at HipHelpers.com


 Grr.. sorry but lately I have been questioning alot of things about Kayde that I have been reading up on and about and it's like everything I am asking about noone knows about it. Getting frustrated....

Here is some of our new PT that we will be working on for trunk control an bringing Kayde's legs/hips into the center of his body to correct the frog leg.

- Sitting- on variety of surfaces,while assisting in holding legs in center of body, letting Kayde use his trunk muscles to bring his trunk over his hips.

- Stuffing rolls in sides of carseat to turn hips in an center legs in front body.

- Taking weight through feet on different surfaces, sitting on lap with good alinment knees pointing forward  over feet rock from heel to toe as if when we take a step.

- Carrying with one leg tucked up under him with the other leg extended straight down. switch often

- Straddle over leg /thigh an apply pressure to feet as you sway from side to side.

- Fold diaper smaller between legs, helps with making it that lil bit easier to close legs

- Simlar to above for all Baby Accesoriess like backpacks/ exersaucers ect. "Skinny " where legs go into so hips are not wide apart.

- "Hip Helpers" ( will post what I think on them after we give them a try)

No comments: