Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Beginning

Where do i begin, bare with me as my Lil peanut is now 7 months ( 5 months corrected age). Well lets see i guess good place to start is in early Sept 2010 I was excited to announce my 3rd pregnancy. My two other pregnancies were smooth an wonderful, in 2003 I was blessed with my son 7lbs.6 oz, in 2009 I was blessed with my daughter 7lbs 1 oz. Both full term babies an great quick labours. Was so excited for baby number 3.
Lil did i realize how lucky I was with those two pregnancies an I was about to find out why.....

Oct, 2010- 12 week U/S an Prenatal screening. I was so excited to see my lil one for the 1st time, squirming an moving all around in there. Was even told that I was expecting a lil boy :) Joy came over me an instantly, as  thoughts about all the different names i may name him. Left the U/S on top of the world with my new pics.


At 14 weeks my pregnancy changed an so my life started to change too. I was nursing my then 11 month old lil girl when i felt a gush.. I thought OMG i just peed myself, I could only have wished that was what had happened, I come to realize i was gushing blood, My world crashed as my worst fears were happening.."I'm losing my boy," Off to the ER in hysterics an shaking, with my Auntie Val telling me be optimistic maybe he is ok. I remember thinking NO NO NO there is no way he is ok, you are not suppose to bleed during your pregnancy. I relive laying in the ER an the Dr coming in with U/S machine an unable to control myself an emotions for her to about to tell me I'm sorry but you've lost the baby, When she turned the U/S machine to me an told me to breathe your boy is ok.See,look at him moving an he has a strong heartbeat. I thanked the lord an all my guardian angels. We then found out that I had P.P. My placenta was tearing away from my uterus an that was causing the bleeding. They would monitor me closely an i was to be on bed rest till the bleeding settled. Easier said then done with a 7yr an a nursing 11m old. The bleeding continued an seemed to be getting worse. U/S after U/S every thing seemed to still be fine, baby was ok an growing fine.

19 weeks pregnant an still stressing about the bleeding but calming down an trying to accept that it is part of this pregnancy. Late Friday afternoon the phone rings an its my Dr. I remember picking up the phone an thinking to myself why is she calling? How I wish I never picked up the phone. She begins with Lindsay I am so sorry,but your screening came back for Down Syndrome high risk. 1/208. I instantly started crying an when i could speak again i asked her what it meant an what do I do? She told me then I had the weekend to decide weather or not I wanted to abort or pursue Genetics Counseling. I was so devastated I didn't know what to do or to think at that moment. She said take some time an think about it an I was to go see her the following week with my decision, I told her then that I didn`t know what i was going to do but I was not aborting, that lil baby boy is mine, I feel him move, I have his named already picked out. I hung up an fell to the floor in heartache. How could this be happening, Why me with everything else that is going on. When i finally picked myself up off the floor, I was full of anger, an pissed with my Dr. How an What Dr. phones with that kind of news on a Fri. afternoon an tells someone like that. Left me all weekend with no answers. An then the heartache started again How in the world do I phone Corey an tell him there may be something wrong with our son. It was my job to carry an deliver a healthy lil boy for him. I felt like a failure.

After fighting with my Dr. to send me to Genetics to find out for sure, which she tried to talk me out of saying it wouldn`t be helpful if I have already decided to keep the baby. It is an was important to me. I wanted to know for sure an be able to prepare myself, an family an get educated. So after talking with Genetics an them taking family history,my age, the women reassured me there was no way he was going to have DS. As she was 100 % sure it was a false +due  to my bleeding issues. I was denied an Amnio as they only do one if you are 1-200 an i was 1-208. I left feeling relieved my son is perfect just as i had prayed he would be. An honestly I never really thought bout DS again.

22 week US- As all you moms know this it the US where they check that everything is developing proper an baby is growing accordingly. Was so excited for them to confirm he was still a lil boy..lol as i was told at my 12 week. It was also a exciting US as i invited my best friend my Auntie Pam who had never seen an ultrasound before. The Dr. did his thing an showed us everything. Great pics an great news Yay!!!!! 8 weeks of bleeding is more then enough, an to all those lil baby bums with diaper rash I now can totally relate the feeling...lol I never wanna have to wear another pad again in my life...
26 weeks yay!!! The Dr was right it finally stopped. :)



28 weeks- Oh No Pls tell me I'm wrong...lost my mucus plug. I knew I wasn't wrong....

No comments: