Monday, November 4, 2013

DSA Week-Day 4: My Shoes

  




I am wearing a pair of shoes. Each day I wear them. Some days I wish they'd feel more comfortable and some days, they do. Some days they fit perfect. Some days my shoes hurt so badly that I do not think I can take another step. I sometimes get funny looks wearing these shoes. I can tell in others eyes that they are glad these are my shoes and not theirs. They talk  or whisper about my shoes. To learn how painful my shoes can be sometimes might make them uncomfortable. To truly understand these shoes one must walk in them but once you put them on, you can never take them off.

I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes. There are many pairs in this world. Some people ache daily as they try and walk in them. Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as much. Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt. Most don't set out to wear these shoes. Yet, once in them you wouldn't trade these shoes for the world because these shoes make you a stronger, a more loving, better person. These shoes have given me the strength to face anything. They have made me who I am. I have been wearing these shoes for 33 months now, not everyday is easy but I think that is true for any pair of shoes. I can tell you though every step is SO worth it!!! I am a parent who has a child with special needs and I will forever proudly walk in these shoes.



No comments: