Sunday, November 3, 2013

DSA Week- Day2: Can You See Me??


CAN YOU SEE ME

Can you see my eyes are slanted
Or do you look into my soul...


Can you see my ears are smaller
Or do you hear my words “I Love You”

Can you see my tongue is bigger
Or do you say “I Love You, too”

Can you see my nose is flatter
Or do you smell the flower I give you

Can you see my teeth are a little crooked
Or do you see my wide white smile

Can you see my speech is different
Or do you listen when I talk

Can you see the line across my palm
Or do you feel me when I touch


Can you see I am a little shorter
Or do you notice I stand so tall


Can you see my muscles are not so strong
Or do you feel I hug you so tight

Can you see me as a different pal
Or do you know I just want friends

Can you see these as a part of me
Or do you know I was meant to be

Can you see that I am different
Or do you see the inner me

Can you hear the beating heart God gave
It beats the same inside of me

Don’t always look toward the outside
Or you will miss the inside of me

I can see the real you
Can you see me?

Dedicated to all “The Me’s”
By Renee ’Farrow- Bennett
Inspired by my son, Christian Jack-Douglas Bennett who was born on September 15, 1993
 

No comments: