Tuesday, October 18, 2011

31 for 21: Day 15- Started Cereal

Today was so exciting as kayde had cereal for the 1st time. I have been so nervous an anxious about starting food with him. I have read alot about issue's our LO's can face when it comes to eating.Little is known of the underlying cause of feeding problems they may be associated with low muscle tone, which also affects the strength, mobility and range of motion of the oral muscles and can result in weak sucking, swallowing, lip closure, and tongue protrusion and gastroesophageal reflux. The combination of reduced oral space and limited control also contribute to feeding problems. Due to a small oral cavity and mid facial hypoplasia, the infant's lips appear thin, the palate is usually flatter with a high arch in the mid line and the nasal passages are narrowed.  But to my surprise an I should have known Kayde did just fine. He opened for the spoon an sucked the cereal right off.. Hurray what a smart boy.. An he opened again like come on mom I have been waiting for this, I watch you eat all the time I know how to do it..lol. He ate almost a hole tablespoon lil piggy. I am so proud an relieved that everything so far has been good. Here are a few pics...
 I'm ready Mom

 Yummy
 Fingers taste extra good

No comments: