Wednesday, October 26, 2011

31 for 21: Day 22- The Crown on Your Head

By: Nancy Tillman  

   From the moment Kayde entered this world at 30 weeks gestation an let out a little cry, as if knowing I needed to know he was ok. I knew he was something very special. At that time little did I know how special he was going to be. :) Around 8am Feb 24th I got to hold my precious son for the 1st time an I will never forget  feeling the love flow through my lips as they kissed his tiny sweet head. As reading to Kayde was the way I spent alot of our NICU days. I am always looking for great books, thanks to Auntie M an introducing us to Nancy Tillman an her book " On The Night You Were Born." I was browsing around Chapter's an found "The Crown on Your Head." I stood there in Chapter's reading it, tears slowly running down my face as I smiled. What a great great book. A MUST READ!!!! A wonderful book for children about how loved an special they are. I found it very touching an meaningful for me to share with Kayde an his brother an sister on how special they an  he (and every single individual) is.   Every child was born with a crown is what the story is about and on one page Nancey says " No one's is brighter, no one's is duller. It's only a crown of a different colour." I love that saying. So ending with that I hope many will read the story as it is truly a worthy read.

No comments: