Sunday, March 24, 2013

Circle 21- World Down Syndrome Day Event!!! (Part 3)

Part 3: What an evening I was in for!!

I can't tell you peanut the excitement that built up in mommy going to this event. This was the first of oh so many to come.!!! A wonderful inspiring night.

It also meant the longest I have ever been away from you since I brought you home from the NICU at 2 months old.  You had your first sleep over with your Aunt Meg. Big milestone for mommy..lol.

So mommy dressed up and headed to Toronto. One of the reason I was so excited was a few weeks ago I took you to a photo shoot for Circle21 . Guess what? That photo was being released at the event. Along with a bunch of other amazing individuals Ya!!! I was dying waiting to see which photo they choose.  


Peanut, my breathe was taken away as my eyes watered when they met your photo. Oh my look at you. 

 
Look at me, I couldn't be beaming more if I tried. I am so so very proud of you. This photo and it being released on World Down Syndrome Day at an event which sold out with 400+ people. I was on top the world!!!

I met a few familiar faces and so cool met a fellow mom I had only known and met on Facebook and being part of this amazing community. It was great to actually met and  to connect with her. :)

The Ceremonies started and I had no idea what I was in for but I knew I was so so SUPER excited to hear Dr. David Chitayat Head of The Prenatal Diagnosis and Medical Genetics Program speak. I think VERY highly of this man. I have only met him twice, when Kayde was 2 days old and for a follow up in July. I can't even imagine how many parents he meets and sees and even tonight he spotted me and came to see how Kayde was doing. Speaks volumes to me!! I heard the best thing ever that night when they were introducing him, saying in the mothers eyes of who's lives he has touched.They call him  the  "Yoda" of the Medical World. I totally agree!! I am very thankful it was this man delivering your diagnoses peanut. With all that comes with that news this man is there to give parents ( myself) ground to stand back up on, when all else around you may feel its crashing down. Its a special quality that sadly is rare to sometimes come by.  I will never forget that night I met him, he has left a life long impression.  

Everything else about the night was so amazing and inspiring. So many speakers and guest. I went through so many emotions,  I laughed, I related, I cried, I beamed in pride and joy. I learned. I will say it again I was beyond inspired. I could talk and ramble on for lord knows how long but I will stop myself and link you to everyone that was there. So please check each one of them out it is so worth it. :)

RARE created by Judith Thompson ~  A group of truly Incredible individuals!!!

 Down Syndrome Associations Panel

Canadian Down Syndrome Society

Down Syndrome Association Of Peterborough - Deb Reid

Down Syndrome Association of Toronto

Down Syndrome Association Of Ontario


Community Groups and Organizations Panel

Drama Way

Sol Express

DJ Arif of "Just Dance" and " Dance Rock"

Special Olympics Ontario

Community Living Toronto

Motionball

Surrey Place

Filmmaker~ Erin Corrado 

I Am Not Invisible


World Release of a film by Circle 21Sons and Daughters, Juniper Park.

Extra Ordinary ~ Great wonderful video


One last thing before you go.. I heard the most amazing song that night as well!!!

Circle 21's song.........ONE HEART AT A TIME
This  heartfelt inspirational song, written by Colleen Broadhurst and Gary O'Connell, has been written from a mothers prospective.

 Please Support  and Download the "Circle 21" song "ONE HEART AT A TIME" from Itunes by clicking below. It's only .99 cents.

 
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/one-heart-at-a-time/id624144071?i=624144167&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

A special thanks to Circle21, for a amazing great inspiring event on 3.21.13 :)








No comments: