Friday, March 22, 2013

World Down Syndrome Day!! (Part 2)

Part 2: Could it get any better??

Oh my yes it did!!! While running around full of excitment of the day and trying to get out the door on time, as Kayde had his 2 yr corrected Neonatal check-up, my facebook was being flooded with pictures of all our supporters wearing blue and yellow in honour of Kayde and all others with Down Syndrome. There support to bring awareness to World Down Syndrome day is more then awesome!!



Thank you Everyone!!! You Rock!!!
 
 
Yep, Yep I did Kaydster, I spent hrs on my nails to match. Also did it for a Facebook page " paint your nails blue for World Down Syndrome Day.
 
 
 
 
 
 I rushed a few pics of us as we were late for our appointment as it was. Kayde your appointment well as it was a big evaluation day for you. You rocked it and showed off all that you have gained since our last visit with them. After the appointment we decided to head to the mall for lunch and in hopes of getting some attention on why we were all dressed the same with 3:21 on our shirts. We hit Cassey's on lunch rush and what a wonderful lunch we had!! So many people approched us in wonder the reasoning behind our shirts. It was so great to inform so many people. It was quite easy actually with the friendly goosey- goose mood you and your sister were in brought us plenty of attention. I feel great and proud of the attention we brought, but I must say I also feel a little sad, how unaware people truly are. With all the people that we met and seen and even talked to only 1 person knew before asking why we were in blue and yellow and what the 3:21 stood for. But with that said that is why we do what we do. Inspire, Educate and raise awareness today and everyday!

No comments: