Sunday, March 24, 2013

World Down Syndrome Day Dinner!!!! ( Part 4)

Part 4: What a great way to end our World Down Syndrome day celebrations!!!

Yesterday we joined the Down Syndrome Association of Peterborough for there Spaghetti Dinner and Cake Auction in celebration of World Down Syndrome Day!!

As always was super excited to be going and to see familiar faces I haven't seen in much to long. It was great as Aunt Meg and Elliott were coming with us too!!

Your brother, sister and cousin proudly support you peanut!!!

Ha ha!! The only picture I got captured of all of us through our celebrations and its as real as it gets with 3 kids!!! Lol

So when we arrived....
I so so overwhelmed with what we were greeted with!! A couple from Colborne ON. attended the dinner with intentions on meeting us. I was so touched by there story. They had see the Newspaper article and couldn't help but have to meet Kayde as he reminded them so much of there son. There son was born with special needs and unfortunately was taken way to soon. He would have been 38 she told me. I am almost speechless with the love people have shown us and no expection with this story. Kayde went to the couple like he has always known them and greeted them with big hugs!! I am very fortunate and thankful this couple reached out. This night will always stick out in my heart.


The night was filled with great food, cake and  conversation, it was good to see everyone and catch up. The cake auction was a huge success, so many great looking cakes. I look forward to all the events in the future. I am very lucky and proud to be part of such a wonderful community. There couldn't have been a better way to end our World Down Syndrome Day celebrations. Thank you everyone!!!
 
Practicing walking skills with Aunt Meg!!

 A great friend and women Deb and her handsome young man  Alasdair

No comments: