Saturday, October 20, 2012

31 For 21: Day 20- Saturday's Milestones

I am sitting here grinning ear to ear to myself. As I typed the title to this post, it just crossed my mind this is the 3rd Saturday in 31 for 21 and because your so super awesome you have  given me a new milestone to blog about each Saturday!!!  So awesome is all mommy can say.

So this is how we got to this new milestone... Last week you officially starting sitting up from lying down. The "split flip up" (mommy's name for it). Well you are obsessed with doing it. Constantly pretty well all day you will just sit there and do it over and over. :) You even clap for yourself most times. Don't get me wrong I am so super proud you can get up now, and I love you are proud of yourself and you should be, but the PT mommy in me knows its not the way we ideal want you to be getting up.

So yesterday I thought I would put you back in your "Hip Helpers" to try to detour you from doing it. I should say we have been taking a break from the Hip Helpers for the past two weeks due to using "Kinesio Tex Tape" ( that's a whole other post coming soon). So anyways, first off before it could detour you from doing it. It annoyed you and made you really upset with mommy..lol. you were not happy. Needless to say it was a long grumpy day for you in your Hip Helpers.

The determination you have is just amazing. You didn't give up all day.  All that stubbornness worked to your advantage today. After a long day of you upset and determined  to sit up while wearing your Hip Helpers payed off. I had just ran a bath for you and was about to take off the Hip Helpers when I came out the bathroom you were sitting up!!! How did you do it??? I pulled out the video cam and put you on your belly and watched.





All I can do is shake my head and be proud you did it. Peanut you defiantly keep mommy on her toes and thinking. What Now ???

Be proud of you, always keep that determination to try and stubbornness that you can do it. There's nothing you can't do peanut if you put your mind to it.

No comments: