Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 for 21:Day 2- You are worth Celebrating

I remeber after I was given kayde's diagnoses, some would tell me its OK to grive the baby you didn't get. Don't get me wrong I was bomb-barded and flooded with many emotions, but that never sat well with me. What did they mean?? Why would they say that?? They were wrong, I didn't feel I didn't get what I wanted. In fact I got what I asked for. A healthy lil 3lbs peanut who with what could of been alot of odds against him, came out at 30 weeks and even gave me a lil cry as if saying I'm ok mommy. Breathing on his own,THRIVING from day 1. With 10 lil fingers and 10 lil toes. How didn't I get what I wanted, He was and IS Perfect. I guess for me I greived the Diagnoses, the fears and the unknown.
This poem is how I feel. ~ author Unknown ~

When you were but a tiny speck
deep within my womb
something happened to your cells
...as life began to bloom

a chromosomal anomaly
is what the doctors say
but you are EXACTLY what I asked for
each night as I would pray

"Dear Lord, send me a happy child
who will not grow up too fast,"
for I love the joys of childhood
and I wanted that to last.

'Send me a child who sleeps all night
and doesn't often cry,
a little boy with endless love
and a willingness to try."

That little extra chromosome
that number 21
gave me all I ever wanted
YOU - my precious son.

Having a child with Down Syndrome is nothing to grieve. If I knew what I know now..I would not have let so many tears  flow from my eyes. I would have spent less time worrying and more time just enjoying him, like I do now. My son is something to celebrate!!!! ♥

No comments: